Dry Eye Syndrome
Dry eyes are extremely common. The latest research indicates up to 20% of our adult population suffer from this condition. The most common cause is Meibomian Gland Dysfunction.
Even though there is no complete ‘cure’, there is plenty we can do to improve tear function and make dry eyes feel much more comfortable. The most effective therapy is the new IPL E>Eye IPL treatment.
Any of the following either alone or in combination:
- red eyes
- stinging, burning or scratchy eyes,
- watering eyes, or excessive tearing
- eye fatigue
- stringy mucus in or around the eyes
- intermittent blurred vision
An optometrist will need to examine your eyes carefully using a microscope to rule out other more serious possibilities.
- E>Eye IPL (intense pulsed light) treatment now available! As seen on A Current Affair. See also E>Eye website
- Lid hydrating compresses
- Nutritional supplements
- changes to lifestyle
- changes to the environment
- Use of wrap-round sunglasses outdoors
- changes to work habits
- Eyedrops and ointments (either anti-inflammation or lubricants)